My name is David and teach around the north shore of Sydney. I have played guitar for 6 years. I achieved full marks in grade 8 AMEB and RGT (London College of Music) when I was 11 years old. Having played piano since the age of 5, drums at the age of 10 and bass at the age of 11, I am a well rounded musician. Currently, I am gigging 2-3 times a week in various bands which including the Sam McNally Group (Tommy Emmanuel’s keyboardist) and more. I have also played with the man himself, Steve Vai who is considered by many as one of the greatest guitarists of all time. I have taught students ranging from young children to adults at any level, whether you are looking to improve your technique, expand on your current repertoire, go in a new direction with your playing, or even if you’re just starting out and wanting to work out what you want to focus on.
Topics that will be covered during lessons include:
– How to read chord charts, tabulators and traditional notation
– Left and Right hand positioning
– Extended Techniques (e.g. harmonics, thumb independence, tapping, slapping & percussion)
– Developing sense of rhythm, groove, dynamics, and musical expression.
– Developing creativity, emotion and musical interest
– Ear Training
– Song Writing
– Studio Mixing and Recording
– Jazz Improvisation in practical scenarios
Please contact me for all guitar related lessons on the north shore of Sydney.
I am looking forward to teaching you in the near future!